Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We were born to travel but this is a little too much.



I got a phone call last night from my manager. I am currently in a fixed duration position with my company for three years. Its a bit of a scary endeavor. You try your best to perform. If a permanent position opens and your manager thinks you're ready he recommends you and off you go. I never expected it to come so quickly. Today I officially accepted a position as an Osteoporosis Specialty Rep in Juneau Alaska.

Brooke and I must be out of our minds. In the short space of four months we've moved from Salt Lake to one of the hottest place in the country (Lake Havasu, AZ) only to move to the cold Alaskan frontier. The good thing is the position doesn't begin till May so we have this month to wrap things up in Arizona. The more difficult thing is packing again. We're flying up to Alaska next week to meet with my new manager.

Here we go again. Maybe we should just keep our suitcases packed.

10 comments:

  1. wtf?! well, i've never been to alaska, so that'll be a cool trip...

    i hope this helps with your obligation situation...

    love you both THIS much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you and so jealous. I want to have to move to alaska! It is the one state I have never been to and every year I try to find an excuse to use our valuable travel time and money to go there! I hope you really enjoy your experience up there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has got to be April Fools.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last night after I left my comment I was trying to fall asleep and it dawned on me that this was probably an april fool's joke... so if it is real congrats, and if not good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. funny chris.

    i've been to anchorage IN REAL LIFE, and it's lovely. coldy, but lovely.

    you're so funny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you serious, or is this an April Fool's joke???

    ReplyDelete
  7. burn in hell, barragan, burn in hell...

    you totally got me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. APRIL FOOLS BETTER BE YOUR NEXT ENTRY BARRAGAN! OR ELSE! OR ELSE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is quite the move. I hear Alaska is beautiful and would love to come and visit. Hope the move goes well. Good luck and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy crap- are you guys really going to Alaska? I think it would be awesome. My husband and I went on an Alaskan cruise last year, and we walked around Juneau and daydreamed of living there one day.

    ReplyDelete