Wednesday, July 14, 2010
HOT
Here's the forecast this week - 118, 119, 122, 120, 118, 118. Yesterday I did the hot-feet dance and I wasn't even barefoot. No, if I had been barefoot my feet would've been destroyed. Instead, the heat of the pavement just melted one of my best flip flops and made it unwearable. Getting in the car means being so very careful not to let the metal buckles touch your skin, because it's death if they do. It also means carrying a towel or something with which to open the door handles or shut the trunk, for the same reason. The feel of the air outside is not unlike the feeling of opening the door to a preheated 425 degree oven. The only difference is that you can shut the oven door. The air outside is just endlessly and relentlessly hot. HOT, I tell you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blah. That sounds miserable. I'm dying right now and we're only in the mid 90s. What would we all do without AC???
ReplyDeleteJessie, the sad thing is if you life in Havasu the AC doesn't go on until it hits 100 because of the bills.
ReplyDeleteblech!!! glad I don't live there anymore... but I miss it sometimes... but definitely NOT for that reason!!
ReplyDeleteToday, we are attempting to fry an egg on the hood of our car. :) You guys should come by tonight to see the experiment.
ReplyDeleteAn egg? I bet you could cook a pot roast on the dashboard if you wanted to.
ReplyDelete