I made this silly promise to Chris at the beginning of this Yankees' season that if Jorge Posada hit 30 homeruns this year, I would get pregnant again before the end of 2010. What, 12 is almost 30, isn't it? It's true. You heard me, IT'S TRUE! Pick your jaw up off the floor buddy, cuz we're having another baby!
I'm sure you can imagine the slew of inappropriate jokes and judgmental comments we've heard so far. I'll actually be holding a contest to see who can come up with the most original one, so please don't bore us with your "That was fast" or "You guys didn't waste any time" nonsense. So far, Mike Pionke's in a strong lead with his, "Congratulations on getting pregnant for the 6th time this year," followed by genuine spontaneous laughter. I LOL'd on that one. A close 2nd place was Oatsie's, "Oh Brooke your poor body," to which I replied, "Hey, you did it this way too," to which she replied, "Yeah, but I was in my 20s!" Ha!
In all seriousness, we're really thrilled about this. I'd be lying if I said there was no worry or wondering going on, but Chris and I both love this adventure of a life we're creating. We'd honestly have it no other way.
Oh, and I'm calling it now: it's a boy. I know it. His name is George.
So far you're having kids faster than the Twilight movies come out.
ReplyDeleteI'm not proud, but it's the best i got.
WOW! Congrats! No silly comments from me. :) I waited too long for my babies for any sort of anything but congrats. :) How old will Olive be when George comes along?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! We had 5 kids in 5 years 3 months! It wasn't our plan but it was God's plan and we have never regretted it. Sometimes it was hard to deal with the criticism. We actually stopped telling certain family members when we got pregnant AGAIN because we didn't want to hear how awful it was. You will love having your kids so close together--they always have someone to play with :)
ReplyDeletecongrats!!! :) hopefully we won't be too far behind.... we are thinking about trying soon!!!! :) I am SO baby hungry!
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of my husband coming up with the most original and funny comment...so far! We are excited for you! I can't wait to see what George looks like....Lucy or Olive. Maybe when you are done being pregnant it will be my turn? Who knows....congrats my friend! WOOHOO! Babies everywhere!
ReplyDeleteCongrats guys!! I am so excited for you!!
ReplyDeleteforget congrats for the baby, congrats on all the sex!
ReplyDeleteCongrats you two! Sorry I didn't get to see wedding, Cam left earlier than he had planned, and I couldn't make it home fast enough.
ReplyDeleteHooray! I hope that it is a little boy!!! I'd love to see a tiny little Chris :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats you guys!! You are awesome. You can't go wrong with a name like George!
ReplyDeleteHip hip!! I love it! I love adventurous people, and I love people who love having lots of kids running around. If it weren't for the fact that I almost died twice since I had the two so close, I'd have more right now! And I actually liked Craig's line the best...ha!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Brooke!
ReplyDeleteWowy Wowy. I think Melissa had her second the same time you had Olive. You've had one since then too. she is now pregnant with her third. As long as you can handle it, go for it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for not letting me know you were trying.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!
ReplyDelete