For my birthday, Chris surprised me by getting his parents to come up for a couple of days to stay with the girls while he, George, and I went up to Vegas. We stayed at the Loews at Lake Las Vegas. It was really nice. I got to do a little shopping, have a fun Cinco de Mayo lunch, sit by the pool, see the Pionkes, and spend time with Chris. I gotta say, he and I always laugh a lot together, but we laughed super hard together on this trip and I really loved our near-alone time together. And I also gotta say, I forgot how easy life is with just one kid! Man!! Anyway, we had dinner at the Hash House a Go-go at the M, and it was so so so good! When we got back to the hotel that night, I was secretly wishing I could eat cake on my birthday but I was pretty full so I forgot about it. I had climbed in to bed ready to go to sleep when there was a knock on our door. It was room service bringing up a little chocolate lava cake with ice cream and berries. Lovely! Chris took a picture - pay no attention to my attire, please. It was a nice getaway. But I was as excited and twitterpated as a schoolgirl when we got home to Olive and Lucy. Happy Birthday to me!!
Sunday, May 8, 2011
My Birthday
For my birthday, Chris surprised me by getting his parents to come up for a couple of days to stay with the girls while he, George, and I went up to Vegas. We stayed at the Loews at Lake Las Vegas. It was really nice. I got to do a little shopping, have a fun Cinco de Mayo lunch, sit by the pool, see the Pionkes, and spend time with Chris. I gotta say, he and I always laugh a lot together, but we laughed super hard together on this trip and I really loved our near-alone time together. And I also gotta say, I forgot how easy life is with just one kid! Man!! Anyway, we had dinner at the Hash House a Go-go at the M, and it was so so so good! When we got back to the hotel that night, I was secretly wishing I could eat cake on my birthday but I was pretty full so I forgot about it. I had climbed in to bed ready to go to sleep when there was a knock on our door. It was room service bringing up a little chocolate lava cake with ice cream and berries. Lovely! Chris took a picture - pay no attention to my attire, please. It was a nice getaway. But I was as excited and twitterpated as a schoolgirl when we got home to Olive and Lucy. Happy Birthday to me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment