Thursday, August 25, 2011
Sciatica Schmymatica
The kids and I tagged along with Chris on his weekly trip to Vegas for the purpose of helping Brandy move in to her new house and to see the Pionkes. The trip was a flop - Brandy's AC wasn't working so no unpacking got done, Lucy threw up in the middle of the night and that was a big debacle, and Olive was a naughty little biscuit so she wasn't allowed to see the Pionkes. But what took the cake was our ride back to Havasu yesterday. I've never been in so much pain, and that includes the very worst part of childbirth. It was so awful. I was gripping the seat and bawling my eyes out. I probably would've even screamed if it didn't hurt so bad to do it. I just wanted to be perfectly still, and every tiny jostle in the car was excruciating. I could not believe it. Chris kept asking if we should pull over, but I knew that would only prolong the pain. When we finally got here he helped me out of the car, and I just sobbed in his arms. I cannot believe how painful this is, and being in the car is just hell. All I could think about during those seriously intense 2 hours was how this was really affecting my quality of life. On the minimal end, I can't even sneeze or laugh without cringing. On the maximal end, I wanted to get pregnant for the last time right now, and that's totally out. Plus, it's so hard to keep up with the housework much less get down and play with the girls. So beyond being really painful, this thing is really breaking my heart. The treatment at the chiropractor is helping very little and very slowly. After yesterday I decided I really need to do something more aggressive about this. So, the MRI is set for Monday and we'll go from there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment