Sunday, May 6, 2012

My 33rd Birthday

For my 33rd birthday Chris and I left the kids in the care of Brandy, Sarah, and Lydia, and headed for the hills. We drove to Santa Monica, and checked in at this great place on the water. Our room was right on the water, and our view was lovely. We had Killer Shrimp for dinner, and that was seriously fantastic. Perhaps the highlight of the trip for me was sleeping in past 9:00 the next morning. I really don't know the last time I slept that well. We decided to drive up highway 1 - or PCH, or "the 1", or whatevs - and just see where the day took us. We had a late breakfast in Malibu, and admired the sights there. Then we drove up to Santa Barbara, took a walk by the beach and breathed the ocean air. We did a little shopping (I found the perfect blessing dress for this bun in my oven, and got some fun smell-goody lotions and potions). Then we had a lunch of fish tacos, did lots of people watching, and then hit the road. All the way from Santa Barbara to Henderson, Chris read The Hunger Games to me while I drove (it's been 3 years since I've read it, and I wanted to read it again before I saw the movie; he happily obliged). Other than a couple of near heart attacks (I L.O.A.T.H.E. the LA freeways) and witnessing a bee family suicide, we had a peaceful, happy drive home. We grabbed some Metro and birthday cake, and enjoyed it with Brandy & co when we got home. It was a delightful trip. I also scored a day spa from Gaily Balls, a happy couple of phone calls from some of the dearest ones, a bunch of texts, and lots of FB love. Oh, and this rad mug.

1 comment:

  1. I want that mug!

    Glad to hear it was a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete