Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sick Sick Sick

So, the kids have been sick with one thing or another for a million days straight. First it was the typical boogers and coughing stuff. Then Olive caught the cousins' stomach bug and vomited all over her bed. Thankfully it was one and done, and double thankfully no one else got it beyond some mild diarrhea. Then, back to the boogers and coughing, it took a sharp turn for the worse when the boogers started showing up in their eyes. All 4 of them got conjunctivitis. Thankfully,  Rhett just called in a prescription for us and their eyes cleared up quickly. I'm still putting the medicine on though because, gosh that was gross, and I really don't want it to resurface. Then Olive started complaining about pain in her ears. Between that and the fact that Penelope's going on 6 weeks of congestion, I decided to take them to see the doctor. Sure enough, Olive has an ear infection,  so she's starting antibiotics today. The doctor said that, although it's cause for concern that Penelope's cold has lasted this long, there really isn't much to do since she has no fever or other symptoms. We just have to wait it out. So, although I wish we had more of a resolution to that, I'm glad I at least had her looked at and that there might be an end in sight to all this garbage. Needless to say, I'm repeatedly disinfecting this house like a mad woman. And now all I need is to have my own sinus infection clear up, and to get Chris home to us from his trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment