Chris left for California on Thursday morning, and was sick when he got there. That evening, we all followed suit. It was unbelievable. Olive, Lucy, and George were all throwing up at the same time, and I was running around the house cleaning and holding hair and throwing stuff into the washer. Seriously crazy. Even Ike threw up twice. Then overnight it hit me, from 2 am until 7 am. I was really trying to be a trooper but finally called Mom in tears and said I just couldn't do it all alone. She dropped everything and came up for a day and a half, cleaning, scrubbing, feeding, driving, wrangling, comforting, listening, and doing ALL the laundry in the house (I'm talking wash, dry, fold, and put away TONS of stuff). Seriously my hero during a difficult couple of days. Jenny and Bryan dropped off Gatorade and saltines, and Bryan gave Lucy a blessing (she always seems to get it the worst). Tonight the kids and Ike and I all seem to be on the mend. We had a light dinner of ramen, popsicles for dessert (with which we said "cheers!!"), and baths all around. Now everyone is sleeping peacefully, and I'm listening to the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment