Monday, August 11, 2008

Our First Family Home Evening

So we had our first Family Home Evening tonight. Chris was in charge of the song and the activity, and I took care of the treats and the lesson. We started out by singing "Called To Serve" and I laughed the whole time. We said a prayer and then took turns reading from the Proclamation. We talked about that for a few minutes while we ate our dump cake, and then Chris said the activity was croquet. I said, "Hm, I don't know how to play croquet," and he said, "Neither do I." And, although we looked up the rules of play on the internet, we went outside and played our own little version of it. It took all of three minutes. With that, we had accomplished our first of countless Barragan Family Home Evenings.

3 comments:

  1. I love it. Family Home Evenings of two are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think anyone knows how to play croquet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you two little cuties. Zippin'
    on through that first FHE. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete