Saturday, September 26, 2009

Golden Shovel

We went to the Golden Shovel game last night. It's a big football game between Lake Havasu and Mohave High Schools, which are pretty fierce rivals (we saw several confrontations and one nasty girl fight - Chris loved every minute of it). So, the deal is whichever school wins the game each year gets the honor of having in their possession the Golden Shovel: a shovel, if you will, that is gold in color and apparently very coveted. Havasu's had it for a few years now, and this year proved to be no different. We won the game 28-21. I forgot how much I love high school football. Chris and I donned some purple and gold so as to show our Havasu spirit, and we even put a little purple bow on Olive's head. She was popular. It was a fun night.

2 comments:

  1. that sounds so fun! I told Joey I want to go to a high school game soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so big. We have a blog you should check it out.

    It is http://web.me.com/bottfamily/Bottfamily

    Sorry we weren't able to see you while you were here in town. We found out we are having a little boy. You'll have to let us know what you are having.

    ReplyDelete