Monday, November 9, 2009

That Intelligender's Full of S, Man!

You may remember that I took the gender prediction test and it said I was having a boy. But we had our ultrasound this morning, and it's definitely a girl! The anatomical evidence of her femininity is in this first picture. The second one is just so you can see her lovely face.


Chris and I both got all teary when Dr. Urso told us the news. We had been feeling pretty sure it was a boy, mostly because of the gender test. We had even settled on a name. But every time I said out loud, "I think it's a boy," there was a little tugging in the back of my mind. I even said to Chris on the way to the appointment this morning, "You know, there's still a good chance it's a girl." And the other day I came across a girl name I really like. I guess somewhere I still had a feeling it was going to be a girl. And it is. I'm delighted that Olive will have a sister so close in age. It's still weird to think there's more to life than Olive, but I'm sure we'll like our next girl a little bit. Anyway, that's our big news. Chris is sorely outnumbered!

3 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with two little girls! Drama, but fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're going to be best friends, for sure. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete