Thursday, August 12, 2010

Havasu Has a Hold

Boulder City is one of the cutest towns I could imagine. Historic, small, green (-er than anywhere else nearby), cool (-er than most places around here), far enough from Vegas not to feel like Vegas but close enough to have access to the minimum shopping requirements... It's the kind of place we'd hand-pick; just totally us. The bulk of Chris' clients are in Henderson which means he has to be up there 2-3 days a week. It gets old. So we would casually watch for places in Boulder City to come available, but the thing is they rarely do. We wanted a historic house that had been redone in the heart of the city and in our price range. If it didn't meet all those criteria, it wasn't worth it. Well, last week I found a place. I couldn't believe it when I found it, it was perfect! When Chris got home that day I ran to the door to meet him and tell him all about it. He was excited too, and we jumped in the car and drove up there. The house is great, adorable and neat with tons of character. And it's within walking distance of the cute downtown area and a couple of lovely parks and the church. We loved it. On the drive back home all I did was imagine our stuff in that house, and how great it would be living there. The only obstacle we would have to get past was talking with our landlords about getting out of our lease early. I did that, and they said it wouldn't be tough to do at all. So it should've been a cinch, right? The trouble was I kept feeling a tug on my heart about leaving our ward here. But being that the situation in Boulder City was almost perfect, I couldn't sort out my feelings all the way. I sat on it for a few days, and then yesterday we went back to see the house. We loved it again, and the agent was really aggressive about showing her interest in us. It should've been a slam dunk. But when Chris and I got in the car to mull it over, we shortly came to the conclusion that it just wasn't right. We both felt, in our individual ways, that the spirit was telling us we belong here in Havasu, and more specifically, in the Acoma Ward. We're not sad; I mean, who knows how complicated we would've made things if we had ignored those feelings because of our excitement about Boulder City. We love the Acoma Ward. And we feel like this is where we belong right now. We're happy to stay put.

2 comments:

  1. I am NOT going to say anything besides...you know how I feel about your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers really are answered. Will you be mad at me if I said that I prayed a gratitude prayer about having you guys here in our ward? You both are so amazing and I love having you here. That being said, I always want a family to do what is best for them (well, what the Lord thinks is best for them). I am glad you are still here for a while!

    ReplyDelete