Sunday, December 1, 2013

thanksgiving

I made my first turkey! And it wasn't gross!! It actually tasted pretty darn good, and we're still enjoying the leftovers. I also made 3 types of stuffing, and an apple pie, a peach pie, and a cherry pie, all from scratch! I had a lot of fun cooking. And it was lovely spending the day with my little family and the big Eaton family. Much much much to be thankful for!

Dad bought a 3-gallon carton of Blue Bell at my request,
sawed it in half, and sent half of it home with me. I'm
a happy girl!

Here's Penelope playing in the play nook at Grandma's
house. She heard the camera click, so she turned around
and gave me this smile.

Here's homemade cornbread, as well as sourdough and
french bread drying out to get ready for stuffing.

Peach pie (closest), apple pie (right), cherry pie (back).

Lucy and her much anticipated cheeseball.

My first turkey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment