It was all going fine, a delightful day. Chris made me a heart-shaped breakfast and then brought me these giant strawberries when he came home for lunch. We exchanged cute little notes, and the kids and I made Valentine cookies for a few people we love. When Chris was done working we decided to take everyone to get haircuts. Penelope took her first steps at the hair place, and Olive decided to donate her hair. Really, delightful! Then it came time for our date... I wanted to take a nice, hot shower and get all gussied up. My shower was ice cold. We wanted to get the kids to sleep before we left. Olive refused. We had a reservation at Harley & Bucks so we drove up the canyon. There was a car accident on the way up AND on the way down, the hostess was terrible at her job, had the wrong name on our reservation, and then pretty much abandoned her post while we and several other patrons stood there baffled; we and at least 5 other people left. We ended up grabbing some soup at Zupas which did not disappoint. Olive was still awake when we got home, and that was a big bummer. I put her to bed, and then Chris and I cuddled up. Our alone time was interrupted by Olive 5 or 6 more times, so we decided to eat a treat and watch TV until she fell asleep. She finally did, but then Lucy showed up. She went back to bed a little more easily. So we settled in to finally have alone time around 10:30, and that's when George showed up. Chris put him back to bed, and must've been gone for a while because when I heard him coming back I had fallen asleep. We thought we were in the clear, but by then I had started feeling gassy! And then Georgey showed up again! Chris took him back to bed, and even got in bed with him and they both went to sleep. The last thing I remember was Olive and Lucy coming in and going to sleep on our bedroom floor. Super duper romantic evening, if you ask me...
No comments:
Post a Comment