Thursday, December 18, 2008

The 7 Wonders of Our Life Lately

1. We're moving to Lake Havasu City, Arizona! Chris started a new job (see #2) and they're moving us to what appears to be either the Retirement Capital of the West and/or the next featured location of MTV Spring Break. I've never lived in such a hot climate, and I've never loved the southwesty feel of Arizona. But we found a weird little place to live in (I'll post pictures of it later), we're only a couple hours from Vegas and the Pionkes, and there will be tons of state parks and stuff to do and see around us. I'm really excited for the adventure of the next chapter of our life. Please plan a trip to come see us!

2. Chris started a new job! I'll let him give you the details, but I do just want to say how proud I am of him. He worked so hard to get the job in the first place, and it's been a lot of intense hours of discipline and study and testing since he started; and he's done great on all of it. I'll keep him.

3. Olive comes in 6 weeks! I realize I haven't posted a good pregnant picture, so I'll get on that as soon as I get my camera cord in my hands again (I forgot to grab it out of the desk drawer before the movers came and packed us up). And I'll hopefully have new ultrasound pictures of her at about 37 weeks. I had a doctor appointment this morning, and everything's looking good. It's starting to feel more and more real which is exciting and scary. More exciting than scary; I'm actually really interested in seeing what the birth is going to be like. More on that later, I suppose.

4. We're headed to Arizona tomorrow! We're going to Lake Havasu to meet the movers and at least start on getting settled there. Then we're heading to Phoenix to spend Christmas/Chris' birthday with some of la familia Barragan. We'll come back up here a day or two after Christmas so I can sit on the egg till the baby hatches. Chris has to be in Indianapolis for 3 straight weeks in January and then Lake Havasu after that. I didn't want to change doctors or be alone so far away from all my family and friends this late in the game. So, the plan is to go into labor on or around my due date (January 30th), hope that Chris is here but if he's not then get him on the next plane, and not panic in the meantime. Anyway, we're looking forward to a week in Arizona, although Christmas without snow is weird!

5. Jared Dehghani's been here visiting for the past week! He's been fun for Chris and me to hang out with, and he's been helpful and gracious and sweet. I just hope we've shown him a good enough time. The girls around here certainly can't get enough of him.

6. I had a lovely baby shower last week! I scored in the way of gifts (thanks girls), and had a really good time. If I may say so, my favorite gift was the quilt that Ashley made. It's wonderful. Pictures to come later.

7. We got a puppy! You're probably thinking what lame timing it is on our part, and you're right, but what can I say? Chris and I are suckers. She's a mutt of sorts - they say lab and some kind of hound - and she's lovely. Her name is Maeby (and as per Jessie's suggestion, we may or may not get a boy dog someday and we may or may not name him George Michael). Pictures, and even a remarkable video, are coming.

Seven wonders. That does it.

4 comments:

  1. that all sounds lovely, guys; i'm definitely gonna plan a trip to your area :) gotta meet olive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ofcourse!! You like Arrested Development! We need to get to gether and just watch some TV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tHAT'S GREAT about the job. I have good friends that moved from there a few years ago. I think they liked it o.k. They moved to St. George after leaving Havasu City. Hope you don't roast. I wonder who will deliver first. You or Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting time for you guys! Lake Havasu (sp?) seems like an amazing place, I have always wanted to go! If we make our way back west after Chris is finished (next fall hopefully) then we just may have to head down and visit you. Congratulations on everything and I can't wait to see pics of the new place!

    ReplyDelete