1. Chris took me to see Phantom of the Opera in Vegas. He got the tickets for my birthday, and we went last night. I had only ever seen the movie, per Jenny's urging. I'm usually too much of a cynic to enjoy anything this dramatic or fantastic or romantic. Which I think is why I can't get into the Twilight books, and why I annoy myself and others with comments like "oh please" during TV shows and movies. I actually decided the other day that I want to be less cynical and more romantic...who'll teach me? I digress. Phantom of the Opera has been the only exception to my cynicism. I've watched the movie about a thousand times, each time feeling totally romanced by the Phantom or Raoul or even Christine (that actress is ridiculously beautiful). So seeing the show last night, I was like a kid on the edge of my seat the whole time and either smiling huge or crying at any given point. It was awesome.2. We left Olive with a babysitter for the first time. The Pionkes generously agreed to hang out with her while we went on our hot date. I held back the tears long enough to hang on to some dignity in front of Amber, but as soon as we got in the car they spilled over. Chris stopped the car and said a little prayer and we were on our way. I think the prayer helped a bunch because I was able to relax and have a good time. I did miss her, and I wasn't disappointed that the show was over in under 2 hours.
So there you have it, our 2 big things in 1 little night.
Maybe I should give that movie another shot...
ReplyDeleteThat will be me when I finally leave Abby with someone... haha :)
ReplyDeleteFun! You know I live 2 minutes from Amber, right? I'd love to see you guys and cute little Olive next time.
ReplyDelete