Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Jessica Original

I'm not a good photographer, and I'm not sure anyway what picture could do justice to the lovelies I received from Jessica today, but hopefully you can get a feel for it. This onesie (which is a seriously delightful yellow) has the most wonderful owl on it; she said it was her first attempt at applique. Well, sister, I'm totally dazzled. Not to mention the adorable shoes she painted. I can't get over it. My daughter has such creative women in her life; she's such a lucky girl!

By the way, here's a little update: I've had some contractions, but nothing very consistent yet; I wasn't dilated at all as of last Thursday; I'll find out tomorrow if that has changed at all. I'm not gonna lie, it's hard going to the doctor without Chris right now because the appointments are a getting little scarier each time and I've always had such a fear of doctors and hospitals. But I've been praying my heart out to overcome the fear and to be brave and calm and all that stuff, and I have felt helped. So I wouldn't say I'm terrified; mostly just impatient!

7 comments:

  1. oh brookey, i'm praying for you too! come on out olive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brooke,

    Chris (Noel) here! So glad to have found your blog, through Hayley, who I found on Facebook...

    So excited for you! Hope everything goes well with the delivery! I will have to check back to see pictures after the delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for you to have Olive!!! I keep checking for updates...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke, Melissa is still pregnant too. And she was due one day before you. It's killing me. I'm here in South Carolina just wishing that baby out. Good luck to you too. I'll be posting pictures on my blog when he's born.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm so glad you got the goodies and liked them :) And I am praying for you! Can't wait to see that little bundle.

    Big time XOXOXOOXOX!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. i sent you a message, but my hotmail is wiggin' out...i'm excited for you guys and i'll be praying for you. please keep me updated :) come on out, olive :)

    ReplyDelete