
Chris left for Indianapolis this morning for training for his new job. I took him to the airport around 6am our time, and he got to Indy around 4pm their time (it's a 2-hour time difference). He'll be gone till the 23rd and I am sad sad sad. We're really lucky in that we usually get to be together seriously all the time, and in that we honestly like to be together that much. So it was pretty hard watching him leave this morning. Maeby and I cried some big alligator tears when we dropped him off, but then we decided we'd better be strong from then on. Day 1 has been pretty good as a matter of fact: my sisters knew I'd be having a hard time so they said let's get some lunch, and we did; Ashley and I did a little shopping; Maeby and I went for a walk in the cold; I had a neat and interesting scripture study; and my dad got me and Olive a delicious chocolate milkshake. Anyway, while I do miss him terribly, I know this is a great opportunity for both of us to do some important individual growth and I'm grateful for that. I just hope I don't go into labor before he gets home!
oh, what a sad puppy face :) poor chris doesn't even have the dog!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I hope you don't go into labor either. I'm trying to book a trip out to South Carolina to be with Melissa, but my hubby thinks I should wait to make sure she doesn't have the baby early. YIKES
ReplyDeleteI love you so much. The first week is almost over.
ReplyDelete