Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Scriptures Are True

...particularly the one about dogs returning to their vomit. Yesterday Maeby got a hold of one of Olive's dirty (I'm talking dur-tee) diapers and shredded it to pieces. Then last night when Chris was making spaghetti and meatballs for our newly adopted weekly Spaghetti Madness, he gave Maeby some of the raw meat. And then this morning, she got yet another one of Olive's dirty diapers (yes I learned my lesson about keeping them out of her reach). I sighed with frustration when I found the diaper shredded all over the place, not terribly happy about having to clean it up. But as I headed into the other room to get some cleaning supplies, I noticed another mess to clean up - an awesome-looking pile of dog vomit. Another sigh of frustration. So I cleaned up the diaper mess and then headed in to clean up the vomit, but it had mysteriously disappeared. You guessed it; she had eaten it. Isn't that gross? I mean, I had to laugh out loud (LOL, if you will) at how the morning was going, and I'll admit I was delighted to not have to scoop it all up and stuff (just had to squirt some Nature's Miracle and let it work its magic). But seriously, that's so gross. So gross, in fact, that you probably wish I hadn't posted about it huh?

2 comments:

  1. First, sorry I didn't email... I just keep forgetting, and then remember at times like when I am driving...

    Second, we have two kids and two dogs at our house... and we have a similar problem where things will sometimes dissapear, which is so gross. Then the other night one of the boys barfed at the dinner table, and no matter how gross it was, I was so glad that the dogs cleaned it for me. He even barfed on one dogs head, and the other dog cleaned his head off....

    You probably wish I hadn't shared that in your comments....

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this post has really tested my gag reflex...

    i love the new background brookey :)

    ReplyDelete