Friday, November 22, 2013

Like you Dad

George and I (Chris) went to get a haircut for the first time as father and son. I got in my chair and he was on a booster in his own chair. He watched as the put the paper around my neck and then he did the same. We both got our drop clothes on and the haircuts began. He never once fought. When he was done he said "I was brave. It went zoom zoom." When we got home and were getting ready for a trip to see cousins. He needed to get a jacket it on. I went into his room and asked him if he wanted to wear his Cubs jacket. He said no. He wanted his green jacket. I said "it's a little warm for your green jacket buddy" as I was reluctantly getting it out for him. He said, "Like you Dad." I didn't understand until he pointed to my green hoodie that I was wearing. He wanted to be like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment