On Monday the girls weren't eating much. On Tuesday at 5:00am, Lucy threw up. And since she hadn't eaten anything the night before, there was nothing in her tummy. But man oh man, she didn't stop throwing up for a solid 12 hours. She couldn't hold in even the tiniest sip of water. Eventually it was just a tiny bit of foam that would come up from her tiny body heaving so hard. At around 1:00 I called my doctor's office, told them Lucy had thrown up about 15 times in 8 hours, and just asked how I could hydrate her in these conditions. The nurse said we needed to go to the Instacare right away because they don't like to hear that the child has thrown up more than 5 times in 12 hours. Olive had thrown up a few times before we went, and said, "I need a doctor!" So she came with us. She threw up in the waiting room, actually, and Lucy was totally lethargic by that point - she couldn't even walk. When we got in, the doctor was really curt at first, saying, "We don't do IV antibiotics here. Who told you to come here?" I said that my doctor's office told me specifically to go to that Instacare, and I told him his delivery sucked and that we'd be leaving (I could feel myself getting very sick at that moment, and I just had no scruples about me). But he was super duper nice after that. He gave Lucy some anti-nausea medicine so she could hold some water in, and monitored her while he gave her a little bit of water at a time. She perked up a little bit after taking some water. But by the end of our visit, and while we were waiting for the prescription of anti-nausea medicine to be filled at the pharmacy, the girls had become so lethargic that they laid on the floor of the pharmacy while we waited. After that, the girls got slowly increasingly better throughout the night, and even nibbled on crackers and sipped Gatorade before bed. Chris and I, however, took a huge turn for the worse. Holy cow, I've never had a stomach bug that bad. Usually you get a little break from the nausea after visiting the bathroom, but not this time. This time there was absolutely no relief from the nausea. We were both just plowed over. But, after many rounds in the bathroom, we got a decent night's sleep. I was so weak the next day, but I cleaned all the bedding, towels, toothbrushes, blankies, laundry, and bathrooms. And yesterday everything was back to normal. Thank goodness!



No comments:
Post a Comment