Monday, March 23, 2009
Lortab, Ice Packs, a Big Coke, and the Comfiest Bed Ever
I decided to take the day off my feet. It's been almost 7 weeks since I had Olive, and I'm still in a lot of pain. Actually I shouldn't say still but rather again. For a while I was feeling close to 100%, but for the last 2-3 weeks I've felt pretty terrible. I keep thinking it'll get better, but it's just not. Last night the pain got kinda bad, so today I'm taking it easy. I'm all set up in our big comfy bed - we seriously have the most awesome bed ever. I've got ice packs beneath me and Olive and Maeby beside me. I already went through 2 prescriptions of Motrin, so I'm presently buzzing on my last Lortab. And I asked Chris if he'd get me a "big drink" so he showed up with a virtual bucket of Coke. Hopefully all this will amount to a little relief. Since we just moved here and I'm a new patient my new doc can't see me till April 1st, and even then I'm pretty lucky they're squeezing me in. So I have no idea why I'm feeling awful or if it's normal or whatever. Which leads me to you - I want to know about your healing process and I want to hear your thoughts on whether this seems normal or scary or what. Plus I need some good reading material for my day in bed. So pipe in, please.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Um-my recovery won't make you feel better. I had pain until I had surgery when Mia was almost 7 months old. So yeah - I had 7 months of pain. Fun.
ReplyDeletei have no post natal advice, but trashy magazines and the history channel usually get me through a day in bed...
ReplyDeletei hope you feel better soon!
I'm assuming what kind of pain you're talking about and can't say I know since I had a c-section and was in pain for quite a while but a different area ;)
ReplyDeleteHey, you should not be in a lot of pain still. NOT GOOD. E-mail me if you want and explain. I can ask my medical relatives for advice
ReplyDeleteYeah, I don't like the idea that you are still in pain...I don't remember my recovery time to be that long.(2-3 weeks tops) I'm glad you are going to the doctor.
ReplyDeleteBrooke I am worried, maybe you should go see your dr. I don't know if you should be feeling that much pain this late in the game. I am sure you are fine, but I would just double check that everything is healing correctly. Olive is beautiful, hope you are enjoying every moment with her.
ReplyDeleteI agree! If you are still in pain things are not good. Is there any way you could call your old OB that delivered you and tell them? Maybe they could give you an idea of what's up. I am sorry! That is so hard after everything and having a baby to take care of! I hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDelete